To maintain the quality of drinking water and ice a refrigerator water filter should be changed at least every 6 months. While this task isn’t difficult, any uncertainty can make it seem harder than it is. This often leaves the job undone, running the risk that water and ice tastes bad. Our step-by-step guide details how to replace LG refrigerator water filter in both side-by-side and French door models quickly and easily.
How to Replace LG Refrigerator Water Filter & Troubleshoot Problems
As simple as it is to change water filter in refrigerator, there are specific replacement methods and problems that can arise. Our guide details how to replace LG refrigerator water filter for the two most common refrigerator models. We’ll also discuss what to do if the filter gets stuck.
How to Replace the Water Filter in an LG Side-by-Side Refrigerator
Model #s: LT1000P, LT800P, LT700P
Follow these simple steps to change water filter in LG side-by-side refrigerator:
- To best access this LG refrigerator water filter location, remove the shelf in the top left corner. Lift the front of the shelf and tilt upwards to pull it out.
- Press the PUSH button on the filter compartment and pull the door downward.
- Detach the old filter by pulling down while twisting counterclockwise.
- Remove the new filter’s packaging and protective ring cover.
- Position the filter so the tabs at the top are in a horizontal position. Push the filter into the compartment.
- Rotate the filter clockwise until it locks in place.
- Close the filter compartment door.
- Replace the top left shelf.
- Dispense and dispose of 2.5 gallons of water, holding the dispenser button for 30 second intervals, to flush the system.
- Reset the water filter indicator light by holding down the FILTER or RESET button for 5 seconds.
How to Replace the Water Filter in an LG French Door Refrigerator
Model #s: LT600P, LT500P
Here’s how to change water filter in LG French door refrigerator:
- Turn off the water valve that connects the refrigerator to your home water supply.
- Dispense any lingering water from the dispenser.
- Open the left-side refrigerator door. To access the filter, remove the door’s bottom bin by grasping it on either side and lifting up and out.
- Swing out the bottom half of the filter until it can be easily grasped. Turn the filter counterclockwise until it detaches.
- Remove the new filter’s packaging and cap cover.
- Place the head of the new filter in the compartment’s filter mount and turn clockwise until it clicks in place.
- Push the bottom end of the filter into the filter compartment
- Reinstall the door bin by pushing it down securely on the door mounts.
- Turn on the water valve.
- Dispense and dispose of 2.5 gallons of water, holding the dispenser down for 30 seconds at a time, to flush the filter.
- Reset the water filter indicator light by holding the button next to it for 3 seconds.
What to Do When Your LG Water Filter Won’t Come Out
What can you do if your LG water filter won’t come out? These tips can help solve this common problem:
- For filters located in the refrigerator’s top corners, always remove the uppermost shelves to better access the filter.
- Other filters can be more easily removed when the dispenser’s water pressure is released. After turning off the water valve, be sure to dispense any remaining water in the dispenser to release the pressure.
- If the filter still won’t come out, a professional service can help with how to replace LG refrigerator water filter safely.
Mid America Service can provide assistance with how to replace LG refrigerator water filter correctly or any LG refrigerator repair. Call us for fast and reliable service!